Tuesday 1 January 2008

It's time to say: 'Goodbye' 2007, 'Hey' 2008!

Yes, it's that time of the year again, where it's the start of the year, new year resolutions come into effect, and a new year begins! While you might have found yourself at the end of the year just a minute ago, well guess what? You're at the start of the year now! It's up to you to reach the end again.

How exactly will you reach it? What will happen along the way? What questions in your life that you need answers to, that will be done and dusted with? Will you find yourself making really hard decisions? Will there come a time, where you have to sacrifice something for something else? Possibly the most important question though, is will YOU, survive 2008? (To watch all the action LIVE, subscribe to the SURVIVOR channel, NOW! ONLY 30 AUSSIE CENTS for 30 DAYS! [Nah, it's really all up to Y-O-U - Your Own Usage of the year]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In other whew, rather blistering hot news, and I DO mean hot Hot HOt HOT news, the weather for the last day of the year 2007, was very Very VEry VERy VERY UNKIND to us people in Adelaide, Australia. It was, think 30 degrees celsius? Nah. Maybe you're thinking 35 degrees celsius? Nah. Oh come on, surely 40 degrees celsius you'd say? Nah. It was 41 degrees celsius! 41 I tell you! How *gasps for breath* hot *gasps for breath* was *gasps for breath* that! *gasps for breath*

Plus, I played cricket with Li for 1 hour at least, and maybe 1 hour and 45 minutes (at most) in the 41 degrees celsius heat! Batting wasn't that hard, because I didn't really have to run, so that was okay. Once I changed to bowling though, it was a whole different story. Bowling seam up (there's this white thread [I think] on the cricket ball, and it's facing straight), I had to run every ball to bowl to Li (that's how you bowl seamers) and even my feet was heating up!

Every 3 balls, I had to drink a bit of water. As I kept on bowling, after EVERY ball I had to drink a bit of water, so that gives you an idea of the heat when you run in those conditions and I even ended up resorting to bowling spinners (meaning the ball rotates)! Everything was going alright, until three quarters way through my bowling spell! The water which I really Really REALLY needed, was finished.

Alas, I continued bowling spinners, which took less energy than seamers (the run up is shorter) but still tooke some, for the rest of my bowling spell. When we swapped places, me going to bat, and Li going to bowl, for the last time, I opted for the drinks break to refill my water bottle. Li bowled for around 30 more balls (5 proper overs in international cricket), and I batted for 30 more balls too (which would make sense), until we decided to end the day, for we were far too tired.

(I have to sleep, so I might continue this post tomorrow or just post a new post. A reminder to everyone that 2008 IS a LEAP YEAR and it contains an extra day, with it being the 29th of February, and therefore consists of 366 days!

[Oh, and the real posting time is actually 1:54 AM. I just changed it to make it look like I posted this exactly on the stroke of 12 AM.]

Till then, wishing you a Happy New Year,
Tyr

No comments: