Wednesday 13 February 2008

Once, twice, thrice! All in 16 days.

Australia feels really weird. I miss Malaysia quite a lot. I feel Malaysia-sick.
Oh, and I feel physically sick too. I got this infection called Conjunctivitis which affects your eye. It can be passed on, and that's how I got it, from Jim la, haiyo he ar. Sigh.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, nice hair cut!"

"Hey, nice kuih kapit (or love letters - it's English name)!"

Yes, from the nice hair cut comment I get from people at school, to the nice kuih kapit comment I get from those who are prviliged enough to try one of my finger lickin good kuih kapits. Hey, who can blame me? After all, it's still Chinese New Year right? From Weeli's girlfriend to Pastor Michael Raj, who some people might know from FGA KL's Youth Church, they are loving it. Which is good. Unfortunately though, kuih kapit is something where (quote http://www.tourismpenang.gov.my/page.cfm?name=lc09s): "To make, very time consuming. To eat, very fast."

I spent 2.5+ hours making kuih kapit's on the small maker we have, where you can only make 2 at once - pretty sad eh?, and now 75% of it is gone already. I just made it yesterday! Of course, I think I ate like 35% of it la you know.

Anyway, I went to that Tourism Penang page, and discovered you were supposed to turn the kuih kapit's over after half a minute. Oh well, I'm still a beginner at it so can't blame me can ya?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to make more kuih kapit's now so I'll just post this up. I know the wait for more updates is so heart breaking right? Oh well, I can't help it. I've been sick ever since I came back from Malaysia. Sad isn't it? At the airport, I had a bit of a stomach cramp, which I thought was just because of the airport's food, until a like a week after I started getting stomach cramps again. Bad ones too. Then, a week after stomach cramps, I'm here typing away with conjunctivitis. Sigh. Saddening.

Anyway, Valentine's Day is tommorow, and I wish you all a Happy Valentine's Day! Even if you're not doing anything special. Oh, and I think I'll just put a poem up in recognition of Valentine's Day. It's by me. I just suddenly feel so sad inside, and I'm deciding I'm just going to put it up. Happy Valentine's Day to everyone then! For now, I'll go make kuih kapit's. Bye!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe it was all just a big mistake. Maybe. Maybe. Oh, by the way, "Definitely, Maybe" is coming out on Valentine's Day! At least in Australia it is. Why not bring your Valentine to the movies and watch that? Ah, that's an idea isn't it?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Byes!
Tyr

No comments: